Thursday, July 12, 2012

Morality without Reglion

It's a back and forth conversation.

Wiki

Me from Tumblr:




I’m going to open this up for discussion in the hopes of sparking new thought. I don’t want flaming or bashing anyone’s faith. This is expression with the hopes of incite.

I’m considered intelligent by people other than just myself, IQ tests, academics, talents, and all that fun crap. You can say otherwise, but I’ll pay no mind to it.

In my opinion,
(everyone is entitled to theirs!),

and of my former mind-set of being atheist,
(and not caring if I lived or died, yet I lived on Christian upbringing, so I had a moral base based of those teachings):

if there wasn’t a heaven or hell, I’d see no point in continuing this game of pointless existence.
When you’re dead you disappear?
In the big scheme of things, everything you had done, would’ve been fruitless and will never have mattered?
Why? In a day or maybe in 80 years, you’ll be dead, you’re gone, you’re dirt, you don’t have a soul because there’s no evidence they exist. You just have cells shimmying and reacting to stimuli.

Help that hobo? Why? When you’re dead, it won’t matter. When he’s dead, ditto.
It’s all pointless.

Future generations? Another weight on the environment? Why would I bring another life into this world only for it to endure suffering? The same suffering I endured. That would be selfish.

Selfishness? Shame? That’s all your opinion I should care not for. When we die, that moment of shame and selfishness would not have mattered.

Suicide? There’s no consequences. You’re just cutting to the chase and helping the damaged eco-system of the planet.

That is my atheist side, I have a spiritual side, but most people know how that goes.

I just felt like writing and get my ideas out… Please be nice, this wasn’t meant to rustle anyone jimmies to the point of rage, but to get people to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment