Sunday, May 13, 2012

Little Turtle





I found a little turtle crossing the parking lot at this Sawgrass Swamp/Nature preserve Air-Boat place.
Knowing what was taught to me by Wildlife peeps, I took him in the direction he was going. I made my way to the far off end of the parking lot and dropped him off in front of the swamp to let him do his thing.
Some overly-tanned bimbo came running over with a small plastic cage and nets just as I was walking back to the car.
“What a cute small turtle!”
“Yeah it is.” and I glared at her, thinking “Don’t you dare capture the thing I tried to protect from stupid people like you.” From what b/f tells me, my glares are scary.
Right then the little turtle hopped into the water and I got into the car with b/f and dad.
I’m hoping that ignorant bitch took the hint.
Poor thing wants to swim free, not in some tiny terrarium where she’d soon loose interest and neglect it to death. 
Even if a gator eats it, it still serves a greater purpose that rotting on a cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment