Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bible and Homosexuality

I've seen too many miraculous things to turn from God. 
Believe me or don't - that's between you and Him. 

So I love all, just as Jesus did, but I do have curiosities, and through them, I hope to turn to God's word, to learn and share. 
Matthew 9:10-13
And as he sat at dinner in the house, many tax collectors and sinners came and were sitting with him and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?"
But when he heard this, he said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have come to call not the righteous but sinners."
I have a friend who's a Christian Lesbian.
I love her to death and she has such a heart for Jesus. She wants to do what's right in God's eyes... so I'm researching on the details so I can better understand too.
People ESPECIALLY Christians shouldn't be turning their back on her or any of the GLBT, keying her car, talking smack...
I know He loves her and all our brothers and sisters, but maybe he doesn't approve her (potential) acts?

I've heard many times that God "Hates the sin, not the Sinner".

Though why is homosexuality a sin?

This is me thinking out loud in my journey to find what God wishes.
I feel that she can lead those in the homosexuality community to God...
He doesn't hate them. He's here to help the hurting.  

About the Old Testament:
Matthew 9:10-13
From his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. The law indeed was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Jesus was the upgraded OS. 
Romans 8:1-3
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do: by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and to deal with sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,
Now to the actual scriptures found in the New Testament:
1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
 

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."


To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment